Students of the Faculty of Management receive a thorough and modern education, combining economic knowledge, managerial skills and the ability to use professional management tools. Management attracts not only high school graduates but also other undergraduate students who, by undertaking economic studies, improve their knowledge, skills and significantly improve their attractiveness in the labour market. The profile of education in part-time and post-graduate studies allows for continuous improvement of the employees, ensuring that they occupy prominent positions in companies, the organs of the EU administration, state and local administration.
Faculty of Management offers 3 study programmes, including first cycle of study:
- Management and Production Engineering
- Finance and Accounting
and 2 study programmes, including second cycle of study:
- Management and Production Engineering
The studies of the first degree: BSc or BSc in Eng. course, providing knowledge and skills in a given field of study, getting you ready to start your professional career, ending with the degree BSc or BSc in Eng.
The studies of the second degree: MSc studies, providing specialist knowledge and skills in a given field of study, as well as getting you ready for creative career, ending with the MSc or MSc in Eng.
COURSES FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
No of Hours
|1.||Application of Marketing Research||30||6|
|2.||Corporate Social Responsibility||30||4|
|4.||Culture and Behaviour||30||3|
|6.||Decision Support Systems||30||2|
|10.||Foodstuffs Sector Development in Poland and Globally||30||3|
|11.||Human Resources Management||30||3|
|14.||Information Technology in Management||30||5|
|21.||Municipal and Public Transport||30||3|
|23.||Quality Management for Business Excellence||30||4|
WHY CHOOSE FACULTY OF MANAGMENT?
There are lots of reasons to choose Faculty of Management, but here’s our top 4 list:
ELEMENTS OF SUCCESS
The need for continuous and comprehensive development involves the combination of knowledge and practical experience, interdisciplinary collaboration and management with knowledge of modern technology and technology, but also respect for the humanist side of human life
The whole didactic process is supported by computer laboratories well equipped with computers and servers running software widely applied in contemporary companies
STAFF AND RESEARCH
The rich scientific achievements of the Faculty are enriching numerous contacts with scientists and practitioners in the region, the country and the world. The strong links between the Faculty of Management and business practice are reflected in numerous expert opinions, analyses and programs prepared for business entities, budgetary entities and other organizations
We are implementing a model of training focused on the important part of developing advanced skills in the use of management engineering tools
CHARACTERISTIC OF STUDY PROGRAMMES
What you can learn – you will gain both theoretical knowledge and practical skills of management and management-related sciences, including the nature, regularities and problems of the operation of organizations: companies, public institutions. You will learn to recognise, diagnose and to solve problems of managing human resources, property, finances and information. You will be ready to perform basic functions of managing the processes (projects) in organizations; economic, administrational in nature as well as the skills of effective communication, negotiations and persuasion and teamwork. Your knowledge will concern mostly the nature and regularities of organizational behaviours, their conditions as well as the effect on the operation of the organization and management, projects in management, basic terms, regularities and HR management problems, modern information and communication techniques in management, marketing problems, roles, principles and methods of marketing research, the nature, principles and instruments of financial accounting, corporate finance, financial analysis and planning, capital and role of information in management process. You have a chance to learn a foreign language at the B2 fluency level of the European System of the Language Education Description of the European Council. You will be ready to take up studies of the 2nd degree (MSc.
Where and what kind of work is there for you – having completed your studies you are ready to work as an organization and management specialist as well as middle management in companies or manager/leader of the team in state security structures and to run your own enterprise.
What you will study – the first semesters will provide you with courses in the humanities, including the intellectual property protection and hygiene and safety at work. You will be offered 4 foreign language semesters and 2 physical education semesters. First you will learn the basics of Information Technology; IT techniques, word processing, spread sheets, databases, managerial graphics and/or presentation graphics etc., and then the courses basic for the management major: a basic study of management, organization, microeconomics, finance, law, mathematics and descriptive statistics. The syllabus of the management-major-oriented courses includes organizational behaviours, project management, HR and quality management, IT in management, marketing and marketing research, financial accounting and corporate finance, information processes in management, public security, leadership, operations and operational techniques.
How long you will study – the management major is offered as 3-year regular and extramural BSc courses. Part of your studies you can take up in other academic centres at home as part of MOSTAR (it refers to agricultural universities) or MOSTECH (at technical universities) or abroad as part of LLP/ERASMUS.
You can choose some courses yourself – you can choose about 30% hours beyond the standard yourself depending just on your interests (but also the offer provided by professors of the Faculty).
Something practical – throughout your studies you will receive training of at least 4 weeks.
What you can learn – you will gain qualifications by combining the production engineering and management. Combining two areas of knowledge will make you acquire engineering and managerial skills to solve the production engineering problems, including designing new and the monitoring of the existing production and operational processes and systems; managing organizations, object sand systems, personnel selection and improvement; the management of costs, finance and capital; corporate management, marketing and logistics; tangible and financial assets investment management; technology transfer and innovation development. You will be ready to design the management of production processes, technological projects, economic and organizational projects; the implementation of state-of-the-art technical and management solutions; planning and coordination of research and development work (especially concerning the technological and organizational innovations) as well as the participation in technical and organizational counselling in the chosen sector of production engineering. You will acquire general knowledge. You have a chance to learn a foreign language at the B2 fluency level of the European System of the Language Education Description of the European Council. You will acquire socialist language in management and production engineering. You will be ready to take up studies of the 2nd degree.
Where and what kind of work is there for you – having completed your studies you are ready to work in small, medium-sized and large industrial enterprises, applying a selected scope of the production engineering; design and counselling centres; economic and administration entities in which technical, economic and IT knowledge connected with management skills are required.
You are not the first and surely not the last one – the major of management and production engineering – a new offer of the Faculty of Management, has been created based on the knowledge and experience of the University in engineering and economic education. Take the opportunity and become one of the major graduates.
What you will study – the first semesters will offer courses in the humanities and intellectual property protection and hygiene and safety at work. A four-semester foreign language course will provide you will practical skills which will be documented in a form of applicable certificates. You will learn the basics of IT, namely IT technics, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, managerial graphics and/or presentation graphics etc. The major-oriented courses cover mathematics, statistics and operational research, physics, chemistry, micro and macroeconomics, economic law, marketing, ecology and environmental management. The major-oriented education provides knowledge of the key engineering and management processes: you will get to know the management, finance and accounting as well as cost calculation for engineers, production and services management, quality and security management, corporate logistics, material sciences, engineering design and engineering graphics, production processes, production process automation and robotization, metrology and IT and the methods of computer-aided engineering work.
How long you will study – the major of management and production engineering is offered as a 3.5-year regular and extramural BSc courses. Part of your studies you can take up in other academic centres at home as part of MOSTAR (it refers to agricultural universities) or MOSTECH (at technical universities) or abroad as part of LLP/ERASMUS.
You can choose some courses yourself – the studies offered meet Polish and European BSc education standards; about 30% of the courses you can choose yourself depending on your interests and your potential career.
Something practical – throughout your studies you will receive training of at least 4 weeks.
Do you know that the first managers were engineers? You will be more effective and more competitive on the job market – you will have the knowledge required by the organizations of the 21st century
What you can learn – Knowledge of the financial mechanisms of the economy is needed for all participants in economic life, especially for entrepreneurs. During the course of studies in finance and accounting students will learn the mechanics of the financial world. They will acquire the skills of keeping records of economic phenomena, financial management, as well as acquiring information about the financial market. The graduates in Finance and Accounting:
have professional knowledge of finance, risk in finance, financial accounting and the functioning of financial and public institutions.
have the ability to analyse basic micro- and macroeconomic phenomena and the financial condition of households, businesses and other organizations.
understand the causes and effects of economic and financial phenomena on a micro and macro scale in a competitive environment.
Have the knowledge to analyse phenomena occurring in the global financial markets.
are able to search and analyse source material in finance and accounting.
speak a foreign language at the level B2 of the European Language Training System of the Council of Europe and is fluent in the specialized language of finance and accounting.
Are prepared to undertake a second degree.
Where and what kind of work is there for you? A graduate in Finance and Accounting is prepared to work, including after gaining relevant experience – to take up positions as an independent specialist: in financial institutions (eg banks, insurance companies, investment and pension funds, leasing companies, factoring companies agency and financial advice); in finance departments (eg financial analysis, financial reporting) and accounting in non-financial sector and public administration units.
Organization of the studies – the MSC course in management with a single specialisation offered: corporate management, both as regular and extramural studies, takes 4 semesters. The course is launched if at least 25 students declare its choice. In total the regular course covers 900 hours, including at least 345 hours as a standard; the contents below. The other hours involve specialist courses.
Your qualifications – you will acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills in management and related sciences concerning the nature, regularities and problems of operation of companies and the methods of effective problem-solving. You will acquire skills of critical analysis, interpretation and evaluation of phenomena and management processes a different scale, the evaluation of the effect of the environment on those phenomena (processes), developing and taking up managerial decisions, especially the strategic ones, as well as organizing teamwork and team management, effective communication, negotiations and persuasion. You will be ready to face research challenges and to take up the 3rd degree course (PhD studies).
Your potential carrier – having been awarded your MSc degree, you will be ready to take up your specialist management carrier; middle and top management, the job of adviser and consultant in economic and public organizations, as well as to launch your own enterprise.
Your general skills and competences:
- the concept of management – understanding traditional and contemporary management concepts, application of contemporary management concepts in describing and explaining management phenomena;
- macroeconomics – understanding macroeconomic categories, description and interpretation of macroeconomic phenomena and their effect on management;
- civil law – understanding the role of civil law in legal transactions, the use of basic civil law terms, performing basic legal actions;
- management ethics – understanding the ethical principles, evaluation of ethical aspects of the operation of organization, selection of adequate behaviours from the perspective of ethics;
- mathematical statistics – analysing management problems with mathematical statistics methods.
Your skills and competences in the major-oriented courses:
- strategic management – understanding the nature, principles and regularities of strategic management as well as methods and application of strategic analysis and strategic planning to solve management problems;
- process management – understanding the nature and regularities of process approach to management, the understanding and application of principles and tools of process management;
- international marketing – understanding problems and conditions of international marketing against the corporate globalisation processes, understanding and applying the international marketing concept and instruments;
- managerial accounting – understanding and applying managerial accounting concepts and instruments in corporate costs management;
- entrepreneurship – understanding the significance of entrepreneurship in management, developing and implementing entrepreneurial solutions;
- commercial law – understanding the nature and the sources of commercial law, interpretation and application of commercial law in practice;
- logistics – understanding the essence and role of logistics in efficient operation of the organization, using the principles of logistics processes organization;
- management psychology – understanding the basic social phenomena and human behaviours in the organization as well as their factors, counteracting negative phenomena and behaviour;
- negotiation – understanding the nature and significance of negotiations, applying basic negotiation techniques in practice;
- operational research –developing optimization resources, selection of adequate analytical problem-solving methods, application of operational research methods as a tool to support decision-making analyses;
- security – understanding the relationships between threats and the state of security, understanding the mechanisms of security education as well as the contingency methods.
• About the studies – You can become a master engineer if you have a degree in engineering or, what is impossible to obtain at other colleges, have a bachelor’s degree to do in the 3 semester master’s degree in engineering.
• Who will be after my master’s degree in Management? – It depends on specialty. We have two, created in response to market needs: “Manufacturing engineering in agribusiness” and “Recycling management”. The needs survey of employers in our region indicate many jobs waiting for graduates with such skills in both agribusiness and recycle labour markets.
• What will I learn? – By selecting the “Manufacturing engineering in agribusiness” specialization you will gain knowledge, skills and competencies among others. product brand management in the food economy, food storage methods, food logistics, food distribution logistics and food processing segmentation. You will gain knowledge, skills and competences in the field of waste classification, industrial recycling, waste management in plant and animal production, and management of changes in the waste processing organization in the “Recycle Management” specialization.
• Can I study Management and Production Engineering after every field of study? – The first degree programs you can apply for to the second degree in management and production engineering are related to techniques and technologies including manufacturing processes in industry and construction, as well as environmental and natural production (bioproduction). Individual and flexible approach to the student and good organization of the Faculty allow for parallel study and professional work. Graduates of our Faculty use, for example, the skills acquired in IT laboratories, production management and services. Also issues related to process mapping or logistics are useful in everyday work. There is also the opportunity to participate in paid internships, which are a great start to career.
• How long you will study – the major of management and production engineering is offered as a 1.5-year regular and extramural BSc courses. Part of your studies you can take up abroad as part of LLP/ERASMUS.
• You can choose some courses yourself – the studies offered meet Polish and European BSc education standards; about 30% of the courses you can choose yourself depending on your interests and your potential career.
• Something practical – throughout your studies you will receive training of at least 6 weeks.
UTP University of Science and Technology
Faculty of Management
ul. Fordońska 430, 85-790 Bydgoszcz
Marek Sikora, PhD
Faculty Erasmus+ Coordinator
+48 52 340 88 56